[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX 0.60

Antonio Sosa asosa at ansotech.com
Wed Mar 7 15:38:48 UTC 2007

I have install 0.60 onto Ubuntu and was able to connect with Nxclinet
2.10 - awesome technology.

I have sound and display works great but have not been able to print
remotely from my Window Desktop - SP2.
Following things I have done:
I shared the printer out - calling it printer1
I then went into NXClient and added it to my shared printers.

When I login to server I get an xmessage that says 'Choose vendor for
printer printer1' but it never allows me to add or choose printers.

I have been troubleshooting for a couple days now and yesterday I tried
sharing out a folder from my xp machine in the ncxlient called apps

Now when I login I get the same xmessage about printer and now I also
get a xmessage saying" Share://master1/apps' failed to mount: Error
connecting to 127.0.0.1 24559: Connection to master1 failed: SMB
connection failed.

So I know the client and server are communicating about the share but
there is obviously some problem with the communication.

I went online and tried to find help in google, etc and I received a lot
of different confs for node.conf

Some of the options I tried are
ENABLE_FILE_SHARING = '1'
ENABLE_CUPS_SUPPORT = '1'
I even tried MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL = "cifs"
But it looks like the freenx server does not support these commands as I
get and error connect from the nxclient on windows

'/etc/nxserver/node.conf: line 392: ENABLE_FILE_SHARING: command not
found
/etc/nxserver/node.conf: line 393: ENABLE_CUPS_SUPPORT: command not
found
/etc/nxserver/node.conf: line 397: MOUNT_SHARE_PROTOCOL: command not
found
'

Any help would be really appreciated - thanks

Antonio Sosa
Cell: 773-406-3663