[FreeNX-kNX] [FreeNX-kNX / X++ Booster] FreeNX namechange

Kurt Pfeifle k1pfeifle at gmx.net
Sun Jul 22 10:11:19 UTC 2007

Terje Andersen wrote:

> ----- Melding fra k1pfeifle at gmx.net ---------
>     Dato: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 14:22:53 +0200
> >
> > Jo-Erlend Schinstad wrote:
> >> I do, in fact, remember Lindows. Why do you think that is? :)
> >> Litrix wouldn't be as informative as Lintrix, imho.
> >
> > Lintrix doesn't sound very similar to Citr*x. But Litrix does.
> >

> Why do we have to choose a name that draws attention from other
> "brands", why not choose something that stands on it's on feet?

You were misunderstanding me: I did not advocate Litrix -- I rather
warned against using it. The one who proposed it was advocating
Lintrix, saying it described what $new_FreeNX_name does, also
implying it would have an appeal through the similar sound of that
familiar brand. I argued that Lintrix didn't sound very similar, but
Litrix does. However, *IF* you used Litrix, its fate would become
more similar to fate of the Lindows name....

> I like the concept behind VLSC, but the problem (as already
> described) for me is that it isn't very easy to pronounce.
> (I like the logo/artwork too :P) ScreenCable is maybe better,
> but still I hope for ... something "better".
> HYDE too could work for me (Kurt - I didn't understand the
> arguments pro/con, could you elaborate please?),

I don't know which post of mine you are referring to....

--
Kurt Pfeifle
System & Network Printing Consultant ---- Linux/Unix/Windows/Samba/CUPS