[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX: What is the file nxclient good for?

Johannes Kastl ojkastl at gmx.de
Fri Jul 6 18:11:16 UTC 2007

On 07/05/2007 08:51 PM Johannes Kastl wrote:

> Can somebody please shed some light on this issue, I would have
> advised to delete the file in the packages, because of the above
> mentioned problems.

Thanks to everyone who answered, you really shed some light ;-)

If I understand correctly, the file is necessary for the FreeNX
nxserver to work. And, as Stefan changed the directories back to
/usr/bin/, there should no longer be a problem, even when installing
both FreeNX and nomachine nxclient on the same machine.

Just my 2 cents:
To avoid misunderstandings in the future, it might be good to think
about renaming it, as it is very confusing to have two files with the
same name doing different things. Especially newbies to NX could be
easily confused.

Thanks everyone,
OJ
--
The one who doesn't know the answer is wiser than the one who knows
the wrong answer.