[FreeNX-kNX] Bizarre problem with authentication of an user

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda lepalom at wol.es
Mon Jan 22 11:20:03 UTC 2007

Hi answer myself,
A Divendres 19 Gener 2007 18:57, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> I have configured a freenx in a nfedora core6. The installation have been
> ok. I have copied the id_rsa file, etc, and the client connects to the
> server without any problem, however the user cannot log in because:
>
> - NX SERVER START: -c /usr/bin/nxserver - ORIG_COMMAND=
> HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-50 OS (GPL)
> NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0
> NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0
> NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
> NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
> NX> 105 login
> NX> 101 User: palomo
> NX> 102 Password:
> Info: Auth method: passdb
> NX> 404 ERROR: wrong password or login
> NX> 999 Bye
>
> the passwd is ok, I can connect to the box with a ssh without any problem,
> and I really don't have any idea what's wrong.
>
> Any idea?

yes,

your /etc/nxserver/node.conf,

has this entry:
ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="0"

change this to

ENABLE_SSH_AUTHENTICATION="1"

remember to put the client.id_dsa.key from /etc/nxserver on the clients to
connect to the server.

Regards,

Leo