[FreeNX-kNX] Bizarre problem with authentication of an user

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda lepalom at wol.es
Fri Jan 19 17:57:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have configured a freenx in a nfedora core6. The installation have been ok.
I have copied the id_rsa file, etc, and the client connects to the server
without any problem, however the user cannot log in because:

- NX SERVER START: -c /usr/bin/nxserver - ORIG_COMMAND=
HELLO NXSERVER - Version 1.5.0-50 OS (GPL)
NX> 105 hello NXCLIENT - Version 1.5.0
NX> 134 Accepted protocol: 1.5.0
NX> 105 SET SHELL_MODE SHELL
NX> 105 SET AUTH_MODE PASSWORD
NX> 105 login
NX> 101 User: palomo
NX> 102 Password:
Info: Auth method: passdb
NX> 404 ERROR: wrong password or login
NX> 999 Bye

the passwd is ok, I can connect to the box with a ssh without any problem, and
I really don't have any idea what's wrong.

Any idea?

Regards,

Leo