[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX in openSUSE 10.2 does not work with Windows client

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at hetnet.nl
Sat Jan 13 11:26:44 UTC 2007

Op zaterdag 13 januari 2007 01:31, schreef Freek de Kruijf:
> L.S.
>
> My NXserver is an openSUSE 10.2 system on an AMD64.
> I can without any problem connect from my laptop, also with openSUSE 10.2,
> using knx to this server. When I use the NX client for Windows XP from
> NoMachine 2.1.0-11 I can connect, authetication is OK, but then the
> connection ends in a failure. The file session in ~/.nx/F-C.... directory is
> as follows ([...] means stuff deleted; list of possible arguments):

I found the solution. I did set in node.conf initially this parameter
ENABLE_2_0_0_BACKEND="1". Removing this parameter was the solution.
I needed to set the parameter ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND="1" when I was configuring
the SUSE Linux 10.1 system, so I assumed this one was needed because I have a
2.1 NX client.

Apparently I was mislead by the confusing terminology.
NX client on the client side, but also nxclient on the server side, each with
different versions but overlapping versions, where it is not always clear to
me what is what. I have no clue what a backend is.

--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf