[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX in openSUSE 10.2 does not work with Windows client

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at hetnet.nl
Sat Jan 13 00:31:09 UTC 2007

L.S.

My NXserver is an openSUSE 10.2 system on an AMD64.
I can without any problem connect from my laptop, also with openSUSE 10.2,
using knx to this server. When I use the NX client for Windows XP from
NoMachine 2.1.0-11 I can connect, authetication is OK, but then the
connection ends in a failure. The file session in ~/.nx/F-C.... directory is
as follows ([...] means stuff deleted; list of possible arguments):

ddxProcessArgument: WARNING: Option -bs without arguments is disabled.
ddxProcessArgument: WARNING: Setting default value "when_requested".
Unrecognized option: 1
use: X [:<display>] [option]
-a #                   mouse acceleration (pixels)
[...]
-displayID display-id  manufacturer display ID for request
The X Keyboard Extension adds the following arguments:
-kb                    disable the X Keyboard Extension
+kb                    enable the X Keyboard Extension
[...]
-install               instal colormaps directly
The NX system adds the following arguments:
-forcenx               force use of NX protocol messages assuming
communication through nxproxy
[...]
-B                     enable proxy binding mode
xset:  unable to open display "unix:1001"
xset:  unable to open display "unix:1001"
xsetroot:  unable to open display 'unix:1001'
startkde: Starting up...
xprop:  unable to open display 'unix:1001'
usage:  xprop [-options ...] [[format [dformat]] atom] ...

where options include:
    -grammar                       print out full grammar for command line
[...]
    -spy                           examine window properties forever

kdeinit: Can't connect to the X Server.
kdeinit: Might not terminate at end of session.
kded: cannot connect to X server unix:1001
DCOP aborting call from 'anonymous-8720' to 'kded'
kded: ERROR: Communication problem with kded, it probably crashed.
kcminit_startup: cannot connect to X server unix:1001
ksmserver: cannot connect to X server unix:1001
startkde: Shutting down...
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
starting artsd!
kcminit: cannot connect to X server unix:1001
startkde: Running shutdown scripts...
xprop:  unable to open display 'unix:1001'
usage:  xprop [-options ...] [[format [dformat]] atom] ...

where options include:
    -grammar                       print out full grammar for command line
[...]
    -spy                           examine window properties forever

startkde: Done.

Also from my laptop I can connect OK to a NXserver running SUSE Linux 10.1,
both from 10.2 and from Windows XP.
On Windows XP i noticed that there are completely different file(s)names left
in a subdirectory of .nx when I connect to 10.2 than to 10.1.
--
fr.gr.

Freek de Kruijf