[FreeNX-kNX] Fonts and icons disappeared in the Windows session

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Wed Jan 10 17:01:45 UTC 2007

On Wed Jan 10 2007, Andras Mantia wrote:
> What should I remove on the problematic client to make accessing the
> Windows server via rdesktop again work? I do not want to reinstall
> the whole Linux OS just for this. :-(

Problem solved! This was really hard to find out, but the problem lied
in somehow broken xorg.conf. I don't know how it happened, but the font
settings there got broken. Strangely enough, my local X server still
worked, and as I said I could even use NX to connect to the linux
server. I discovered the problem when I rebooted my machine and changed
the nvidia driver to the nv one, it complained about the missing fonts.
Now I restored an older xorg.conf and everything works as before.
I'm writing this for the record, so if someone runs into the same
problem can have a hint how to fix it.

Andras