[FreeNX-kNX] .xsession functionality with freenx?

Dimitar Paskov pascoff at nola7.com
Wed Jan 10 08:05:37 UTC 2007

Yes, there is a way to do this with KDE. Make a script file to be sourced by
bash and place it in /usr/env for example. The file is not an executable but
a simple file with commands like "export SOME_VAR=value" and is sourced by
bash when KDE starts. The file shoud be in one of the directories the next
command gives:
kde-config --path exe | tr : '\n'
and should have a name like "somename.sh" (have to end with .sh) to be sourced
by bash. All this happens in /usr/bin/startkde script (about line 150) and it
works without any problems :)