[FreeNX-kNX] freeNX on WIndows VISTA

Felipe Alfaro Solana felipe.alfaro at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 00:15:34 UTC 2007

On 2/27/07, antonino ferrante <ferrante72 at msn.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some problems to run freeNX on Windows VISTA:
> 1. freeNX takes almost 100% of CPU;

Yep. I have had the same problems.

> 2. I cannot restart suspended sessions, if I try to do it I get a Closed
> Session message;

Didn't try.

> 3. freeNX only works with the Default Key, not with an encripted one;

Didn't try either.

> 4. The VISTA complains about the colors used by freeNX and switches from
> VISTA Aero to Basic for the color map.

Vista AERO requires 3D acceleration. NX cannot provide 3D acceleration
(but can emulate it which unfortunately is not enough for AERO) at the
moment and that's the reason why the session is switched to Basic. And
also that's the reason why running any OpenGL X client under NX is dog
slow (like glxgears).