[FreeNX-kNX] Problem connecting FreeNX server (X session established, but no response is received)

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Feb 26 16:56:53 UTC 2007

> Hi,
> I have exactly the same problem as Elvis in this thread:
>
> Unfortunately, this is the only place I have found at least someone
> mentioning this problem. I have tried all the suggestions in the
> thread, but still no success.
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

You have a nvidia gfx card?

Yes, please try to disable composite or almost all other X extensions for testing. I had this once when I had such extensions enabled, but did not bother investigate at that time, which extension exactly caused the fault.

Steps for reproduce with nvidia:

- Boot Knoppix DVD
- Install 2.1 Client
- Test session: works
- Use kanotix.com/files/ (install-nvidia-debian.sh or so)
- X is restarted
- Test session: Problem occurs

I also have not yet tested if connection to testdrive.com works. You might want to try that first ...

cu

Fabian