[FreeNX-kNX] Problem connecting FreeNX server (X session established, but no response is received)

Sunny sloncho at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 15:53:45 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have exactly the same problem as Elvis in this thread:
<http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse/2006-12/msg02820.html>

Unfortunately, this is the only place I have found at least someone
mentioning this problem. I have tried all the suggestions in the
thread, but still no success.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?

The server is openSuSE 10.2 x86_64, running FreeNX-0.5.0-25. I tried
with the latest nomachines client (nxclient-2.1.0-11) on Suse 10.0 and
windows. Also knx ver. 0.1-33.1 at x86_64 on Suse 10.0.

Any suggestions how to fix this? If more input is needed, I'd be glad
to provide whatever logs are needed.

All the same problem (copy from the orig post, applies fully to my setup):

I am having some problems with NX server on a fresh-installed 10.2. I
have searched through the list but the previous posts didn't help
much. I seek your advise.

I have recently installed Suse 10.2 (x86_64) on a clean harddrive.
With it, the following components relating to NX are installed:

FreeNX-0.5.0-25
NX-1.5.0-73
nxclient-2.1.0-11(from nomachine)

I set up the nxserver by running the following command as root:

nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean

and rebooted the machine (may not be needed).

However, from multiple machines, I was not able to connect to the
nxserver. All traffic are tunneled through ssh/ssl, and X11-forwarding
are enabled on both the client and the server computers. The user is
authenticated, the x11-protocol are established, then the nxclient
sorts hangs for a while, and returns with the following error message:

"No response received from the remote server.
Do you want to terminate the current session?"

If I clicked on "YES", and then select the "detail", the following
error message is given:

Copyright (C) 2001, 2006 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '22750'.
Session: Starting session at 'Mon Dec 18 15:05:53 2006'.
Warning: Connected to remote NXPROXY version 1.5.0 with local version 2.1.0.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Warning: Font server connections not supported by the remote proxy.
Info: Using adsl link parameters 512/24/1/0.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using image streaming parameters 50/128/1024KB/2048/256.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-7' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression 3/3/32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 6/6.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Session: Session started at 'Mon Dec 18 15:05:53 2006'.
Info: Established X server connection.
Info: Using shared memory parameters 1/2048K.
Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 30 seconds.
Session: Terminating session at 'Mon Dec 18 15:06:31 2006'.
Info: End of NX transport requested by signal '15'.
--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.