[FreeNX-kNX] Some protocol questions

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Wed Feb 21 16:40:33 UTC 2007

> > - FreeNX still pretends to be a 1.5.0 even though a 2.1.0 backend is
> used, due to protocol changes from 1.5.0 to 2.1.0, which I know nothing about.
>
> BTW: Wasn't this speculated to be a change by NX purposely to manipulate
> the usage of freenx?

ROTFL, you made my day.

Uh, sure yes. We add a new feature to this TEXT based protocol, so that FreeNX can't be a 2.1.0 server ...

Uhm, yes ... Sure.

No, I rather think NoMachine cleaned up some interfaces and such the client sends partly other messages if FreeNX pretends to understand 2.1.0 protocol.

And well it is imho FreeNXs fault if it says it does understand 2.1.0 even though it is not customized to do that, yet ...

So, please let the paranoia aside.

cu

Fabian