[FreeNX-kNX] opneSuse 10.2 & NX

Henrik Schmiediche henrik at stat.tamu.edu
Fri Feb 16 16:47:32 UTC 2007

     Hello,
I am using openSuse 10.2. I downloaded NX from here:

   http://software.opensuse.org/download/NX/openSUSE_10.2/i586/

I installed it & ran nxsetup:

   rpm -ivh FreeNX-0.5.0-19.1.noarch.rpm NX-1.5.0-82.1.i586.rpm
   nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key

and I get an error on setup:

  ----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
  Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
  Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.

I have no problem's login in "SSH-wise" to the system and I have no special
sshd_config configuration. Any ideas what I need to do to get this to work?
Is there a different version or am I doing something else wrong?  I have
attached the entire nxsetup output below.

Sincerely,

   - Henrik

-----

Setting up /etc/nxserver ...done
Generating public/private dsa key pair.
Your identification has been saved in /etc/nxserver/users.id_dsa.
Your public key has been saved in /etc/nxserver/users.id_dsa.pub.
The key fingerprint is:
59:bb:b3:5d:63:9e:00:e3:95:18:5a:c0:d0:a7:47:0f root at s7 Setting up
/var/lib/nxserver/db ...done Setting up /var/log/nxserver.log ...done
Setting up special user "nx" ...done Setting up known_hosts and
authorized_keys2 ...done Setting up permissions ...done

----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able to
use SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able to
use SAMBA.

  Warnings occured during config check.
  To enable these features please correct the configuration file.

<---- done

----> Testing your nxserver connection ...
Connection closed by 127.0.0.1
Fatal error: Could not connect to NX Server.

Please check your ssh setup:

        - Make sure "nx" is one of the AllowUsers in sshd_config.
        - Make sure your sshd allows public key authentication.
        - Make sure your sshd is really running on port 22.
        - Make sure your sshd_config AuthorizedKeysFile in sshd_config is
set to authorized_keys2.