[FreeNX-kNX] Close button doesn't work (FreeNX 0.6.0, NX 2.1.0)

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sun Feb 11 20:53:52 UTC 2007

Hi,

> Just wondering if anybody encountered the same issue... And hopefully also
> solution...

> I'm using the Ubuntu packages from http://opensource.dental-on-line.com/
> (FreeNX 0.6.0, NX 2.1.0), that I've backported for use on Debian 3.1
> (sarge).

Nice, could you share them?

> All works fine, but when having an opened NX session, the close
> button of the NX client doesn't work; I don't get the window to terminate
> or
> suspend the session. Tested with NX Client for Windows 2.1.0-16.

Do you have the commercial client installed on your server?

If not: Does installing "xdialog" help?

> Oh and another thing, when broadcasting a message (nxserver --broadcast
> "hi
> there"), I'm getting a blank window on the NX session, so without the
> message. That might be related to the first issue.

Yes, might be.

FreeNX can use three different backends:

xmessage, xdialog and nxclient (commercial).

It might have to do with -noautokill lsupplied by FreeNX, which was removed from commercial client/server in 1.5.0.

So if you use commercial client removing all -noautokill options from nxnode might help.

cu

Fabian