[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Verner Kjærsgaard vk at os-academy.dk
Fri Aug 31 18:28:36 UTC 2007

Fredag 31 august 2007 19:00 skrev Fabian Franz:
> > > There might be a keyboard=load parameter needed, which I had not
> > > reverse
> >
> > engineered at that time.
> >
> > I tried Nomachine Client 2.0.9 and 3.0 for Windows. The result was the
> > same. Choosing a fix keyboard layout in client 2.0.9 did not work, too...
>
> Yeah, okay so it is that _windows_ problem again.
>
> I have an idea. You could try to change the server version to 2.1.0. It
> might help, because NX client sends different parameters regarding on
> reported server version.
>
> This change must be done in nxloadconfig, where it says 1.5.0-70. Change
> that to 2.1.0-70.
>
> For the other idea:
> > > Hm, sure ...
> > >
> > > If we can't fix the issue with the client (which would be the best),
> > > you
> >
> > could try to change nxserver:
> > > Around the start of startsession (after the lonely echo_x) do a:
> > >
> > > if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
> > > then
> > >    type="unix-application"
> > >    application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam
> >
> > keyboard) $(getparam agent_server)"
> >
> > >    CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
> > > fi
> > >
> > > It might be that the parameter is not keyboard, but called differently.
>
> Okay then the addition would be:
>
> # HACK change session from starting nxdesktop to
> # start nxagent + rdesktop in full screen.
>
> if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
> then
>    type="unix-application"
>    application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam kbload
> | cut -d'/' -f2) $(getparam agent_server)"
> CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
> fi
>
> > > If you need to automatic filling in of the password, you have more work
> >
> > to do:
> > > Use a rdesktop-start script like in first solution add "-p -" as
> >
> > parameter and add in nxnode:
> > > agent_password=$(getparam agent_password)
> > > +export agent_password
> > >
> > > Then do in rdesktop-start:
> > >
> > > #!/bin/sh
> > >
> > > echo $agent_password | rdesktop "$@"
> > >
> > > Thats all.
> >
> > Thank you very much. Thats great, but i am using NX in a "larger"
> > environment. There are about 20 users who connect to different servers.
>
> Yes, I _did_ understand that ;-). That is why this HACK automatically
> starts rdesktop with the correct supplied parameters with different
> keyboard layout and different servers. Those are taken directly from the
> nxclient gui.
>
> cu
>
> Fabian

Hi,

please let me get in with my 10 cents, if it's of any help at all...
- I experiensed, I think, the same problem:

windows - SuSE/wFreeNX/NoMachine - RDP->windows = bad keyboard mapping
suse - SuSE/wFreeNX/NoMachine - RDP->windows = ok keyboard mapping

I never got it solved the right way. But I did discover that using SuSE9 (!)
as the FreeNX proxy in the middle took away the problem. It didn't matter
what FreeNX/NoMachine versions I played with.

I was told it had to do with a certain xkbcomp component, that was supposed to
be causing the thing. I don't know.

Was this just confusing and not of any help at all?