[FreeNX-kNX] Keyboard Layout using RDP connections

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Fri Aug 31 17:00:10 UTC 2007

> > There might be a keyboard=load parameter needed, which I had not reverse
> engineered at that time.
> >
> I tried Nomachine Client 2.0.9 and 3.0 for Windows. The result was the
> same. Choosing a fix keyboard layout in client 2.0.9 did not work, too...

Yeah, okay so it is that _windows_ problem again.

I have an idea. You could try to change the server version to 2.1.0. It might help, because NX client sends different parameters regarding on reported server version.

This change must be done in nxloadconfig, where it says 1.5.0-70. Change that to 2.1.0-70.

For the other idea:

> > Hm, sure ...
> >
> > If we can't fix the issue with the client (which would be the best), you
> could try to change nxserver:
> >
> > Around the start of startsession (after the lonely echo_x) do a:
> >
> > if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
> > then
> >    type="unix-application"
> >    application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam
> keyboard) $(getparam agent_server)"
> >    CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
> > fi
> >
> > It might be that the parameter is not keyboard, but called differently.

Okay then the addition would be:

# HACK change session from starting nxdesktop to
# start nxagent + rdesktop in full screen.

if [ "$(getparam type)" = "windows" ]
then
   type="unix-application"
   application="rdesktop -f -u $(getparam agent_user) -k $(getparam kbload | cut -d'/' -f2) $(getparam agent_server)"
    CMDLINE="$CMDLINE&type=$type&application=$application"
fi

> > If you need to automatic filling in of the password, you have more work
> to do:
> >
> > Use a rdesktop-start script like in first solution add "-p -" as
> parameter and add in nxnode:
> >
> > agent_password=$(getparam agent_password)
> > +export agent_password
> >
> > Then do in rdesktop-start:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> >
> > echo $agent_password | rdesktop "$@"
> >
> > Thats all.
> >
> Thank you very much. Thats great, but i am using NX in a "larger"
> environment. There are about 20 users who connect to different servers.

Yes, I _did_ understand that ;-). That is why this HACK automatically starts rdesktop with the correct supplied parameters with different keyboard layout and different servers. Those are taken directly from the nxclient gui.

cu

Fabian

PS: If none of those options work for you (or take too much time to understand / implement) you can also use commercial support / commercial customization. If that is what you need, drop me a mail in private.