[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ...

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Aug 25 14:08:03 UTC 2007

> I have resetup up like you suggest and I have tried the default key from
> the latest NXClient. Unfortunately I come across the Authentication. Is
> there a way to get more information why it fails??? Here is the info I
> have:

Hm, it might be that the old key was not deleted so its not overwritten. There was some bad behaviour in older versions of nxsetup.

You can delete in /var/lib/nxserver/home or /usr/NX/home/ the file .ssh/authorized_keys2.

And then resetup.

If oyu can't find the file it might also be possible to just do nxserver --stop, nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key ...

cu

Fabian