[FreeNX-kNX] Authentication failed with NX client ...

M Hoeller M_Hoeller at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Aug 24 20:49:33 UTC 2007

Hello Fabian,

On Dienstag, 21. August 2007, Fabian Franz wrote:
> Uh, you know that that is pretty old?
> > run  # nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean
>
> This syntax is too new.
> Just do:
> nxsetup --setup-nomachine-key
>
> Or import the key for each session via the "Import key" interface.

I have resetup the nxserver and used the default key from the latest NX
client. Unfortuantely I always get the following error message:

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 6953
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 285 Setting the preferred NX options
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.55.100 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

Is there a way to get more details why I do not get the Authorisation?

In dependend if I have a connection to the remote system I get allways
the following message:

Aug 24 22:42:22 akazia kernel: isdn_net: ippp0: dial rejected: interface
not in dialmode `auto', signalling dst_link_failure

Generally I can dial in via ISDN and do an ssh -X user at 192.168.xx.xx.
This works fine. I do not understand the above message nor why I get
it.

THanks for any hint.
Michael