[FreeNX-kNX] NX session freezes and clean up issues

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 19:34:25 UTC 2007

> Hello Fabian,
>
> Supposed I am connected to my office network through VPN. And I have
> started up the NX client connection. If I disconnect the VPN,
> obviously my NX connection to the server is lost.

Sure.

> 1) Would I be able to disconnect (terminate) this session from the
> client and how will the server handle this session?

The server (0.7.0) will detect that the session timed out (TCP timeout) and will either suspend it (in case of persistent sessions) or terminate it (in case of non-persistent sessions) so there is no need to terminate the session.

> 2) How can the user him/herself clean up a session like this and not
> make it count towards their session limit?

NXCLient should list the session in the Suspend/Resume/ list (from server 0.7.0) as still running, the user can then choose to resume the session or terminate it and start a new one.

Your problems are really "session zombies", which were a big problem 2 years ago ...

So please try the update.

cu

Fabian