[FreeNX-kNX] Clients cannot connect on server

Gael Varoquaux gael.varoquaux at normalesup.org
Sat Aug 11 10:12:34 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 09:11:07AM -0500, Joe Baker wrote:
> It appears you are trying to connect to the server with a 1.5 version
> client.  Try using 1 3.0 series client to connect to your 0.6.0 FreeNX
> server.  We run the 3.0.73 client against 0.6.0 server here at work and
> at our LUG.

Thanks for the advice, I tried with a 1.5 and a 2.0 client, but didn't
try with a 1.3 client. I'll try if I have any more problems.

> Note in your logs there was a problem with cache files.  Maybe the users
> ~/.nx directories should be renamed on the server to start fresh.

Hum, intreresting. I must admit I had not understood everything that was
going on with logs. To me it was not clear what was stored where.

Anyway, things are working now, and I don't want to fidle with our only
server (Yes we should have two, but the fat server approach is a budget
approach here).

Thanks for your advice, I follow them if I run in any more problems.

Gaël