[FreeNX-kNX] Help with NOMACHINE client font display

David S. Lee davidslee9 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 02:34:50 UTC 2007

Figured it out:  Used the following notes I created:

.	X-Server
o	Setup Help:  http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/
o	NXServer
1.	Login as 'root'
2.	Install FreeNX by typing 'yum install freenx'
As of 8/7/2007, the installation should contain freenx 0.6.0-12 and
nx-2.1.0-22.fc6
3.	cp /etc/nxserver/node.conf.sample /etc/nxserver/node.conf
4.	Edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf
a)	NX_LOG_LEVEL=7
b)	NX_LOG_SECURE=1
c)	NX_LOGFILE=/var/log/nxserver.log
5.	Next you will need to match the NOMACHINE installed below with the
same Windows fonts
a)	Become root:
o	su -
b)	Download the MS Core Fonts Smart Package File:
o	wget http://corefonts.sourceforge.net/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec
c)	Make sure that the rpm-build and cabextract packages are installed:
o	yum install rpm-build cabextract
d)	Build the Core Fonts package:
o	rpmbuild -ba msttcorefonts-2.0-1.spec
e)	Install the Core Fonts package:
o	rpm -Uvh /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/noarch/msttcorefonts-2.0-1.noarch.rpm
6.	Edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf
a)	AGENT_EXTRA_OPTIONS_X="-fp
/usr/share/X11/fonts/misc,/usr/share/fonts/msttcorefonts"
7.	 Finally, allow the Fedora core to use some necessary libraries:
a)	chcon -t textrel_shlib_t /usr/lib/nx/libXcomp.so.2
o	NXClient from NOMACHINE
1.	Download and install the NXClient from
http://www.nomachine.com/download.php

Kind regards
David S. Lee