[FreeNX-kNX] Help with NOMACHINE client font display

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Tue Aug 7 21:00:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

> First I am a noob to freenx but ot it working after 6 hours using
> NOMACHINE's latest client, Fedora Core 6 and freenx (nxserver 1.5.0).  But
> when I connect and successfully launch a KDE session - I get the following
> screenshot.

I am not a noob, but the main developer of the server part, but I cannot remember how I solved that issue.

Ugh, I guess I just changed the fonts in KDE control center (... duck and run ...)

> C:\Program Files\NX Client for Windows\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts shows a base
> and
> TTF directories.  I cant seem to find the log files for the client
> anywhere.

There are more fonts that can be downloaded. Did you try to download the additional fonts as well?

Or perhaps some more server side fonts are needed.

Sorry, just speculating, I hope someone does know more than me.

:-)

Well, at least you don't feel that noobish anymore ;-).

cu

Fabian