[FreeNX-kNX] Bug: negotiating link parameters -> timeout ON resume session. v.0.6.0/2.1.0-17

torrr com torrr.com at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 12:38:33 UTC 2007

 Hi,

  I did "ls -la /proc/<pid>/fd" on the pid of the stubborn sshd(sshd:
nx at notty it was called in 'ps aux'), and looked at the numbers next to
the sockets there (inode numbers?) and then I did "ls -la /proc/*/fd |
grep 75145" for example to see if 75145 inode appears in another
/proc/<pid>/fd. The only number that appeared in another process, was
for a process named "sshd: nx [priv]". I looked at /proc/net and found
in /proc/net/tcp6 one line that had that number. I did "netstat -nep"
and found that number as an ESTABLISHED0  tcp6 from the server port 22
to the client's machine port 11000. I did a ps tree and found that
"sshd: nx at notty" is a decedent of "sshd nx [priv]", maybe it was
dup'ed to it or something like that. I looked for the other sockets
and they are "unix domain sockets" one is "unix  3      [ ]
STREAM     CONNECTED     105079   22044/sshd: nx at nott" for example.

In lsof there are tree sockets like this
sshd      22044          nx    5u     unix 0xe2625480              105056 socket

these two:
sshd      22044          nx    9u     IPv6     105077
TCP ip6-localhost:6014 (LISTEN)
sshd      22044          nx    8u     IPv4     105076
TCP localhost:6014 (LISTEN)

And two like this:
sshd      21854        root    3u     IPv6     104933
TCP MyServer.local:ssh->XIremovedMyipX:14540 (ESTABLISHED)
sshd      22044          nx    3u     IPv6     104933
TCP MyServer.local:ssh->XIremovedMyIPX:14540 (ESTABLISHED)

I hope this info help you Fabian, to figure it out. I'm still trying
to understand what it all means. I know we were looking for some
process that is keeping the sshd connected, but I am not sure if I saw
something like that. I didn't understand what these unix domain
sockets are connected to. One tcp socket I found were connected to the
client as expected but from two processes, and two other tcp sockets
seems to be listening. (?)