[FreeNX-kNX] No /usr/NX directory after "yum install freenx"

Thomas Pfrommer pfrommer at phas.ubc.ca
Sun Apr 22 11:45:09 UTC 2007

Hi freenx communty,
finally I solved the authentication problem ... see previous thread ...
I had to comment

#AuthorizedKeysFile   .ssh/authorized_keys2

in sshd_config and then I could at least connect to the server, however
the session was right away closed, as no file /usr/NX/ ... was found. Hm
it was not there!! Also strangely,  I couldn't find any nxserver
application file.

I did uninstall everything before and started from scratch, this time
with yum install freenx, which takes care of installing nx before. I
have the feeling, that I read somewhere in the last days that nxclient
from No Machine should be installed instead of the nx ... but cannot
remember and cannot find it any more. Hm But installing nxclient, and
then trying to install freenx  (this time with rpm -ivh freenx..... )
won't work either as freenx needs as dependency nx and not nxclient.
Should I first install nx and freenx and then nxclient? How do I
proceed. I am running FC6 with the 2.6.20 Kernel.
Thanks a lot for your help so far and perhaps for the next steps !
Thomas