[FreeNX-kNX] It works, now for just a little problem - I hope :D

Steven Maddox (Architect) s.maddox at functionoffice.com
Wed Apr 18 21:12:49 UTC 2007

----------------------------
open a xterm (as your logged-in user) and run:

xhost +root
----------------------------
This one I get... bad hostname "root"

----------------------------
sudo WHATEVER
----------------------------
No sudo! sorry just doesn't work at all, won't take my root password -
so it may not be set up, debian never liked sudo... twas always a Ubuntu
thingy as far as I've ever used it

----------------------------
kdesu
----------------------------
Nope not there!

----------------------------
gksu
Bingo! works like a charm, I've wanted something like this util for
aaaaages for other things too, cheers!

Points to Fabian (as ever :P)

Sincerely...

Steven Maddox