[FreeNX-kNX] Its release time again ... Any open issues?

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Mon Apr 2 17:27:55 UTC 2007

> Hi Fabian,
>
> I don't have another bug, but a question to this version sting in
> nxloadconfig.

Sure.

> Is there a technical reason why this string is still 1.5.0_0.6 and not
> 2.1.0_0.6?

Yes, technically the compatibility is still just 1.5.0 (and not even that as xdmcp is still missing ...) I think someone posted a fix that possibly fixed it, but I don't remember if it worked or if I have tested it.

> An other question: I apologize i did not search the archives, but on
> NX-Server from NoMachine it is possible to resume a session which was opened on
> an other client. It was not possible with freenx from todays SVN. Was this
> ever woking in freenx, or is this still on the roadmap?

It should be working to resume a Running session, but it _sometimes_ still goes wrong :-(. (race condition)

I guess I should do it like NoMachine / 2x SVN source and add a "sleep 10". That'll circumvent all race conditions ...

But I don't really like that solution ...

Noted on my list.

PS: Is anyone still using 1.5.x clients or backends?

cu

Fabian