[FreeNX-kNX] Error when trying to install freenx-0.5.0 with a nx 2.0.0 backend.

S. J. van Harmelen svh at dds.nl
Fri Sep 22 09:40:34 UTC 2006

Hey there!

I'm trying to install freenx-0.5.0 with a nx 2.0.0 backend. All goes
fine but when I try to run:

nxsetup --install --uid 80 --gid 100 --setup-nomachine-key

I get the following output:

Setting up /usr/NX/etc ...done
Setting up /usr/NX/var/db ...done
Setting up /var/log/nxserver.log ...done
Setting up known_hosts and authorized_keys2 ...done
Setting up permissions ...done

----> Testing your nxserver configuration ...
Warning: Could not find nxviewer in /usr/NX/bin. VNC sessions won't
work.
Warning: Invalid value "CUPS_ETC=/etc/cups/"
         Users will not be able to enable printing.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_KDE=startkde"
         Users will not be able to request a KDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_GNOME=gnome-session"
         Users will not be able to request a Gnome session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_START_CDE=cdwm"
         Users will not be able to request a CDE session.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBMOUNT=smbmount". You'll not be able
to use SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_SMBUMOUNT=smbumount". You'll not be able
to use SAMBA.
Warning: Invalid value "COMMAND_CUPSD=/usr/sbin/cupsd"
         Users will not be able to enable printing.
Error: Could not find 1.5.0 version string in nxagent. NX 1.5.0 backend
is needed for this version of FreeNX.

  Errors occured during config check.
  Please correct the configuration file.

Now all the warnings are fine (chose to install nx this way using only
rdesktop to set up connections), but the error isn't oke!! Can someone
tell me where to change what to get is show on the road?

Thanks,

Sander

P.S. I allready set ENABLE_2_0_0_BACKEND=1 in /usr/NX/etc/node.conf