[FreeNX-kNX] connection failure

Bob Rossi bob_rossi at cox.net
Thu Sep 21 21:32:02 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:26:13AM +0100, Alastair Johnson wrote:
> Given the server works fine from another Windows client with the same client
> version, it's most likely a Cygwin problem. Both the post and the nomachine
> support article below suggest doing more than just renaming cygwin1.dll
> though neither claim 100% success in fixing the problem.
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-February/003031.html
> http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR12B00117
> http://www.google.com/search?q=cygwin+NX+client&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

OK, I know this is a cygwin related problem now. I just uninstalled
nomachines windows client, moved my cygwin1.dll to cygwin1.dll1, and
reinstalled the cygwin client. Works fine.

However, I need to use my cygwin install. What do I do? Can I not run
nx client on a machine with cygwin installed?

Thanks,
Bob Rossi