[FreeNX-kNX] connection failure

Bob Rossi bob_rossi at cox.net
Thu Sep 21 13:58:45 UTC 2006

On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 09:26:13AM +0100, Alastair Johnson wrote:
> Given the server works fine from another Windows client with the same client
> version, it's most likely a Cygwin problem. Both the post and the nomachine
> support article below suggest doing more than just renaming cygwin1.dll
> though neither claim 100% success in fixing the problem.
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2006-February/003031.html

OK, I have moved all the .dll's except for cygXcomp.dll which does
not seem to be available from Cygwin. Here is my nx bin directory:

[bar at bar-nt /cygdrive/c/Program Files/NX Client for Windows/bin] $ ls -al
total 3196
drwx------+ 3 bar None       0 Sep 21 09:49 .
drwx------+ 5 bar None       0 Sep 20 12:04 ..
-rwx------+ 1 bar None 1723392 Dec 13  2005 NXWin.exe
-rwx------+ 1 bar None 1152000 Dec 13  2005 cygXcomp.dll
-rwx------+ 1 bar None   26112 Dec 13  2005 nxauth.exe
-rwx------+ 1 bar None   50176 Dec 13  2005 nxesd.exe
-rwx------+ 1 bar None   27136 Dec 13  2005 nxkill.exe
-rwx------+ 1 bar None   28672 Sep 13  2005 nxsetup.exe
-rwx------+ 1 bar None  253952 Dec 13  2005 nxssh.exe
drwxr-xr-x+ 2 bar None       0 Sep 21 09:49 orig

The problem still persists.

> http://www.nomachine.com/ar/view.php?ar_id=AR12B00117

Same advice here.

> http://www.google.com/search?q=cygwin+NX+client&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

This doesn't seem to help much, unless i'm missing something. I've spent
hours searching the web over this problem.

After doing the above suggsetions, I still get the same error below.

Any more advice? I would be happy to debug the problem, but I need the
proper advice.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi