[FreeNX-kNX] Can't see vmware screen on nxclient

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Sun Nov 26 12:21:07 UTC 2006

Tiago Mikhael Pastorello Freire schreef:
> I don't know if it is vmware's 'fault' or nxclient, but all I see is a black
> screen when I run vmware-server inside my nx desktop, on my remote server.
> vmware works all right, as local vmware usage on the actual machine works.
> I believe it is because of vmware's video drivers, which might somehow bypass
> nx 'screen reading'. I am willing to sacrifice vmware video speed, as I
> intend to configure VMs using CLI services only.
> I haven't seen any information over the web, but if anyone knows of any config
> option, be it on NX or on vmware, I'd be glad to hear.

I have not tried VMware server, but I have no problems with VMware
workstation. This works fine. I use VMware Workstation 5.5.1 build 19175
(this is not the very latest version, but not old too).

So far I know the VMware video drivers are the same for VMware server
and VMware workstation.

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.