[FreeNX-kNX] No caching and image corruption when using Freenx server as RDP proxy

Manno Koenders mkoenders at gmail.com
Wed Nov 8 11:48:46 UTC 2006

Hello,

Having tried allmost anything I hope that some of you are able and
willing to help me

Everytime we connect to an Terminal server through a Freennx server or
a nomachine server (free version) we get image corruption (of large
bitmaps and flash) and poor performance (worse than using directly
rdp) with no bitmap caching. On the client (2.1.0-6)the "errors"log
reads:

Loop: WARNING! Overriding auxiliary X port with port '7004'.
Loop: WARNING! Disabling image cache with session 'session_rdp' and link 'adsl'.

We have tried allmost everything but with te same result. As test
sites we use www.ve3d.com or www.cnn.com (with flash and bitmap
animation) from the rdp session to see if there is any caching or
bitmap corruption(using agent_extra_options rdp=-b renders the bitmaps
without corruption but makes the performance even worse). A NX session
to the nxserver gives great performance and there is clearly a lot of
caching.

Do you have any idea as to why there is corruption in the larger
bitmaps (good visible in flash animations) and why there seems to be
no real bitmap caching going on?

I would really appreciate all the suggestions you can give. :)  It's
hard to believe that we are the only ones with this problem but there
is not allot of info on the net regarding this problem.

Greetings

Manno