[FreeNX-kNX] Updated Fedora RPM's

David Mansfield freenx at dm.cobite.com
Mon May 8 20:05:33 UTC 2006

tom.horsley at att.net wrote:
> From: Rick Stout <zipsonic at gmail.com>
>> For now, though, I will update the package to create a symlink for this.
>> BTW, where are you seeing problems? I've been running fc5 with freenx
>> since the day it was released, and I havent really seen any problems
>> with the packages, other than what i've pointed out.
>

> Anyway, rather than trying to actually modify the build process,
> you might want to just run the executables through my string
> changer program (I'll see if I can successfully attach a copy).
> The program was originally written for doing X builds so I could
> debug in one directory tree, then when everything worked, do
> a string change of all the built-in paths, so it has a lot of
> history already fixing patchs in X programs.

Wasn't there something a while back about how having the symlink (or
even the directory /usr/X11R6/...) was breaking something else??? Or was
that some other mailing list?

Anyway, I can confirm that the 'edit the binary image and change the
path' solution Tom suggests works for me.

I tried rebuilding on FC5 from your (Rick's that is) SRPM and still had
the wrong path in the binary, so I edited it and the problem went away.

I still do have a problem where /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc won't start
automatically when I select 'custom/default script on server' for my
session.  I haven't debugged that at all because I can just open a side
ssh connection, export DISPLAY=localhost:1000 and then
/etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc >/tmp/foo 2>&1 and it all works...

David