[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on FC5

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu Mar 30 00:03:55 UTC 2006

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 06:34:14PM -0500, Luke Hutchison wrote:
> > maybe we can share the workload and also the testing and user
> > community for Fedora Core and RHEL/CentOS etc?
> >
> > I've been in private contact with Rick for over a year now and we've
> > been syncing our efforts in packaging. Ideally I'd like to host the
> > packages at ATrpms. Check out also http://ATrpms.net/name/nx/ and
> > http://ATrpms.net/name/freenx/.
>
> What is the likelihood of getting this directly into Fedora Extras,
> rather than an external add-on repository?

You can't compare the likelyhoods as it is already in an external
add-on repostory since a year now ;)

But more seriously there is no contradiction between ATrpms and Fedora
Extras, you can work on both, and if the same persons are involved it
will ensure compatibility. The main difference is that ATrpms has a
broader scope on distributions than Fedora Extras (e.g. there are
packages for RHEL4/3 as well as older FC and RHL releases), and has a
much faster package inclusion procedure (more like Fedora Core's
rawhide/updates-testing model than Fedora Extra's bugzilla model).

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net