[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX on FC5

Luke Hutchison luke.hutch at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 23:34:14 UTC 2006

> maybe we can share the workload and also the testing and user
> community for Fedora Core and RHEL/CentOS etc?
>
> I've been in private contact with Rick for over a year now and we've
> been syncing our efforts in packaging. Ideally I'd like to host the
> packages at ATrpms. Check out also http://ATrpms.net/name/nx/ and
> http://ATrpms.net/name/freenx/.

What is the likelihood of getting this directly into Fedora Extras,
rather than an external add-on repository?  NX seems like such an
important technology that it will no doubt find its way into Extras or
Core eventually.  (+ How would NoMachine feel about NX being in Fedora?)

See e.g.
http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2005-January/msg01870.html

Also, from Rick's page
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/ :
        Side Note: I have been working towards inclusion into Fedora
        Extras, but the server does not run on x86_64. That means no
        official Fedora packages... yet...