[FreeNX-kNX] xterm "Cannot allocate color" error with freenx

Volker Gaibler V.Gaibler at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
Tue Jul 11 17:42:55 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 01:46:35PM -0400, qqmichaelqq at netscape.net wrote:
> The freenx server is looking for the X11 rgb in /usr/lib/X11, but in
> Dapper rgb lives in /etc/X11. So the fix is to create a link from one
> to the other:
>
> sudo ln -s /etc/X11/rgb.txt /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt

I've got the same problem on Debian Etch and created that symlink.
Didn't help. For xterm these problems stopped when I just didn't some of
these "bad colors" anymore, but that's no solution. For "display" from
ImageMagick and some other programs I still get these "color is not
known to server" messages with colors "black", "blue", "cyan", "white"
and so on.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Volker

 Volker Gaibler                     v.gaibler at lsw.uni-heidelberg.de
 Landessternwarte Koenigstuhl       phone  +49 6221 54-1754
 69117 Heidelberg                   fax    +49 6221 54-1702
 Germany                            http://www.lsw.uni-heidelberg.de