[FreeNX-kNX] Problem Resuming Session

Terje Andersen terander at guard.zapto.org
Tue Jan 31 15:23:52 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 31 January 2006 15:38, Nick wrote:
> Thanks Terge. I've read all (I think) the threads on this mailing list
> about the issue but there does not appear to be a resolution. Did you
> ever find a solution or do you just "live with it" ?

I'm currently "living with it" but I've started looking into it to see if I
can find the cause of this (but as I am not a bash-wizard, this may prove to
take some time :-P)

> Most useful thing I've found is a post from Fabio Rosati suggesting it
> may be an issue with FreeNX server. I would tend to agree as the problem
> does not exist if I use the official server.

Yes, I agree - our tests here shows the same result, so I too think it's the
FreeNX server that's causing this.

> As this seems to be a known bug (I've now found at least 4 threads
> reporting it) is there any chance of it being fixed in an upcomming
> release of FreeNX?

Hope so. But I'm not one of the developers here, so I'm just as much in the
dark regarding this issue as you are :-) Hopefully it will be fixed, but for
the time being, I'm just happy to have the NX technology helping me work
remotely (thanks NoMachine/FreeNX-team!) ....

> Thanks. Nick

No problem!
	/Terje