[FreeNX-kNX] NX Client and VNC?

Toby Weston toby.weston at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 13:00:41 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I think I may be missing something here so perhaps someone can clear
this up for me.

I'm using FreeNX on Fedora with nomachine's client on Windows which is
just great. However, we have some Windows machines running VNC
(TightVNC mostly) and I thought I'd be able to connect to these via
the nomachine client. I can't.

I'm not sure if I'm missing a component (nomachine's commerical
product?) or if I'm just doing something wrong. But I set the client
up point to the VNC machine (on port 5900) then configure the VNC
portion to point to my localhost display 0.

I get the following when it fails;

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 4746
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 200 Connected to address: 127.0.0.1 on port: 5900

Any ideas? As I say I can connect to (Free)NX servers no probs.

Thanks in advance
--
Toby