[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX/VNC: problem with URI-encoded password

Martin Wilck martin.wilck at fujitsu-siemens.com
Wed Jan 4 13:06:59 UTC 2006

Hi,

ad had the following problem with FreeNX server: I was trying to connect
to a password-protected VNC server, where the password contained a dot
("."). The login always failed. I realized that the passwd passed to
nxserver ($agent_password) was URI-escaped ("%2e" instead of "."). The
attached simple patch - unescape the passwd before passing it to
nxpasswd - fixed the problem for me.

SW used: on client !M nxclient-1.5.0-135 (rpm on SuSE 9.1).
on server NX-1.5.0-16.1, FreeNX-0.4.4-3.1 (SuSE "supplementary" rpms).

Unfortunately, even with that problem fixed, the VNC sessions over
FreeNX didn't work well for me. The transmission is much slower than
direct tightvnc and session crashes often. Any hints for that? Direct
nxagent connections work very well.

Regards
Martin

--
Martin Wilck                Phone: +49 5251 8 15113
Fujitsu Siemens Computers   Fax:   +49 5251 8 20409