[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX rocks.

Trevor Batley trevorbatley at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 12 22:44:52 UTC 2006

Quoting VernerKjærsgaard <vk at os-academy.dk>:

> Onsdag 11 januar 2006 23:50 skrev Trevor Batley:
> > Quoting Brian Keener <brikeener at gmail.com>:
> > > Just thought I would throw that out.  I finally have everything up and
> > > running, been using it for a few days, and it smacks VNC (even
> > > SSH-compressed VNC) around quite a bit.
> > >
> > > Does anyone know of a stand-alone NX client for win32?
> >
> > Have you tried the !M Web companion tool?
> > http://www.nomachine.com/companion_screenshots.php
> >
> > Trevor B
> >
> > > That is, an NX
> > > client that doesn't need to be installed, and can be run off of, say, a
> > > USB flash device like one of the portable disk drives?
> > >
> > > Brian K
>

> Hi list,
>
> - sorry for being so dumb...Now, I downloaded the NXcompanion from the
> link/page above. Installed it on my SuSE10 (using rpm -ivh nxplugin.rpm) and
> so forth.
>
> - but I don't see it popping up anywhere in Firefox or for that matter, any
> other browser. Will someone enlighten me.

Look in the java directory and there is a sample nxapplet.html file. Copy that
and the nxapplet.jar file to your webroot (for the nxplugin - on my suse10 box
I put the whole lot in /srv/www/htdocs/NX and copied the java/nxapplet.* stuff
up one directory level) and amend to suit your setup. Then point your browser
at it (eg. http://<ip of your box>/NX/nxapplet.html).

Have Fun!
Trevor B