[FreeNX-kNX] nxclient for Windows silent installation not possible?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Jan 10 10:45:14 UTC 2006

nxclient for Windows installer is made with the help of InnoSetup.

If you want to distribute software (i.e. nxclient) to a large group of
Windows machines (classroom etc.), one usually uses something like below
in a script:

nxclient.exe /silent

However, with nxclient installer the "unattended" installation doesn't
work, as one gets the windows saying:

"NX Client for Windows detected that some programs are in use by
Windows. The setup will not be able to replace these file. Do you want
to kill the running programs?".

I have to click on Yes or No, so it's not that good for a script :|

No program is killed when I look at the process list, too.

I tried looking through NoMachine documentation, but it doesn't say
anything about the silent installation.
 From what I found in google, it may be related to having a Cygwin
installation - but this is a fresh Windows 2000 SP4 install, and it
never had Cygwin.

Any clue how to install nxclient silently?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org