[FreeNX-kNX] Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key

Brian Keener brikeener at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 15:42:40 UTC 2006

I've perused this list all morning and can't come to a resolution for my
problem.

I am running a SUSE 10 linux install using the suse-supplied nxserver RPM's
(1.4.0-44), and nomachine's nxclient version 1.5.0-138.

I'm connecting from inside my work's firewall (simple nat with no outgoing
port filtering) into the suse machine (behind a consumer Netgear firewall
with port 22 open).

It seems like the Suse install set everything up correctly (as far as I can
tell), but when I try to connect the NX client spends about thirty seconds
at "Initializing X protocol compression" and then gives me the following
error:

NXPROXY - Version 1.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2005 NoMachine.
See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '864'.
Info: Synchronizing local and remote caches.
Info: Handshaking with remote proxy completed.
Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.
Warning: Generating a fake cookie for X authentication.
Info: Using cache parameters 4/262144/8192KB/8192KB.
Info: Using image cache parameters 1/1/32768KB.
Info: Using adsl link parameters 8192/8/10/50.
Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-7' with session 'unix-kde'.
Info: Using ZLIB data compression level 3.
Info: Using ZLIB data threshold set to 32.
Info: Using ZLIB stream compression level 6.
Info: Using remote ZLIB data compression level 3.
Info: Using remote ZLIB stream compression level 6.
Info: No suitable cache file found.
Info: Starting X protocol compression.
Warning: X connection failed with error 'Invalid MIT-MAGIC-COOKIE-1 key'.
Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 31 seconds.
Info: End of session requested by signal '15' 'SIGTERM'.
Error: Lost connection to peer proxy on FD#8.
Error: Connection with remote peer broken.
Error: Please check the state of your network and retry.

The "ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND" option is set to 1 in the node.conf file.

What could be my problem?

Brian K