[FreeNX-kNX] User authentication

Bram Biesbrouck b at beligum.org
Tue Aug 22 13:36:39 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 22 August 2006 15:00, Jeffrey Borg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If your ssh server is configured only to use keys and not passwords. edit
> the node.conf file and use su authentication instead of ssh.

Hmm, I don't get this. How do I transfer the key from the client to the server
then? I'm looking for a way to use a RSA key, instead of a password, to log
in to the server, using nxclient. Since all users have their own key (stored
on a stick), the key moves around, and needs to be transferred to the server
somehow.
I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud, perhaps I'm missing something about
the inner workings of NX...

> If you want more security don't use the nomachine ssh key for the nx user.
> Generate your own set and put the private key for the nx user into the
> nomachine client.

Can I use this approach and define a set of valid keys on the server, instead
of a single one?

Thanks for the quick answer,

Bram