[FreeNX-kNX] nxagent failure on FC5

Alastair Johnson alastair at solutiontrax.com
Fri Aug 18 11:31:44 UTC 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 22:03, Esme wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 August 2006 14:50, Alastair Johnson wrote:
> > Take 1 clean partition, install FC5 with the 'web server' option, make
> > sure to turn off SELinux, add a user, yum update, yum install kdebase,
> > yum install freenx then set up client with the key and try to connect.
> >
> > Result: it works. So it _can_ be as easy as that.
>
> SE Linux can cause problems?  Hmmn... do you think App Armour might, too?
> (I have a problem with NX server on Suse 10.1, which has App Armour, you
> see).
>
> Esme

I don't know for sure that SELinux would cause problems, but turning it off on
both machines removes it as a possible cause. I'm slowly running out of
differences between the two machines, except for the hardware (which I can't
reproduce) but the hosted one still won't play, and the local one still won't
break...