[FreeNX-kNX] GNOME per user language setting and NX

Murray Trainer mtrainer at central-data.net
Fri Aug 18 01:53:46 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-08-17 at 15:59 -0400, Hristo Benev wrote:
> Does somebody know how User language could be changed (not system wide)
> in GNOME?
>
> I use FreeNX server  freenx-0.5.0-8.c4 + NXClient 2.0.0-93 on CentOS 4.3
>
> I found this setting in KDE, but majority of apps I use are from GNOME.
>
> When I log locally I can change the language, but it does not work with
> NX (setting are not kept). Example: I set it locally by default in
> French (My system wide is English), and when I login via NX I receive
> English interface.
>
> Any suggestions?

I have the lines below in my .profile which might be helpful in your
case.

Murray

#export LANG=de_DE at euro     # uncomment this line for German output
#export LANG=fr_FR at euro     # uncomment this line for French output
#export LANG=es_ES at euro     # uncomment this line for Spanish output
export LANG=en_AU.utf8