[FreeNX-kNX] NX 2.0 with freenx - WAN produces artifacts

Sunil funtoos at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 18:42:59 UTC 2006

Ok,  I have nailed it down to one option in the NX engine. If I select 0 memory cache size, the corruption doesn't happen. So, the corruption is coming from the memory cache handling code. Note that I can have as big a disk cache as I want, without any corruption.

So, anybody else sees these problems with latest NX backend, the key is to set memory cache to 0 and disk cache to as large as possible.

have fun!
-Sunil

Sunil <funtoos at yahoo.com> wrote: Hi,

Does anyone else see strange display corruption when running latest NX 2.0 client (windows or linux) to connect to latest freenx server using WAN speed?

When I connect using LAN speed, my desktop is good (although speed is not), but if I use anything other like WAN, ASDL etc., I get display corruption like seen in the image:

http://home.comcast.net/~funtoos/kde-panel12.png

I have tried disabling image options one by one but I can't get it to display better. This is using the RGB encoding.

With jpeg or X bitmap options, the corruption is less (only certain letters are missing and others have color distortion) but the desktop is not clean and is slow.

Does anyone else see it?

Thanks,
Sunil