[FreeNX-kNX] Using FreeNX for physical displays

Tim Fletcher tim at parrswood.manchester.sch.uk
Wed Apr 12 10:26:52 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 05:15 -0500, Eduardo J. Ortega wrote:

> I'd like to know if it's possible to set up freenx so that whenever i connect,
> it doesn't start a new WM session but instead it allows me to see what's
> currently on my X server display :0 (for example), pretty much like VNC
> server for windows does. Thanks.

You have 2 options (that I know of) for this, firstly assuming you run
gnome as a desktop there is a piece of software called vino that does
this. Alternatively there is a piece of software called x11vnc that
hooks directly into the x server and does this for you.

--
Tim Fletcher
Learning Technologies Manager - Parrs Wood High School