[FreeNX-kNX] Compiling NX1.5.0 on amd64

Gian Filippo Pinzari pinzari at nomachine.com
Sat Sep 24 14:10:23 UTC 2005

Xiong Jiang wrote:
> I am still quite surprised about the package being released in such a
> shape. Maybe NoMachine is short of resources as well.

Yes, we are short of resources :-). Anyway, did you realize that the code
you are talking about was not written by us but it is supposed to be the
same Xlib code of the XFree86/X.org distributions?

Instead of trolling, why don't you spend the time to compare the code with
the latest XFree86/X.org versions? Maybe the fix (if it was actually a bug)
has been merged in the XFree86/X.org code but not in nx-X11, for example
because our builds have never come through the same bug.

BTW, I strongly suggest you take a look at the NoMachine KB and at the
other documents. They explain at length why you should keep the NX libs
and the native X11 libs in separate directories.

/Gian Filippo.