[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX + VNC: Failure

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Sep 14 12:22:15 UTC 2005

Kurt Pfeifle schrieb:
> On Wednesday 14 September 2005 12:22, Felix E. Klee wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:36:02 +0200, "Tomasz Chmielewski"
>><mangoo at mch.one.pl> said:
>>
>>>I also have VNC troubles with FreeNX 0.4.4 and NX 1.5.0 (from Mandrake
>>>Cooker).
>>
>>FreeNX 0.4.4 plus NX 1.5.0 also failed for me.
>

> Even with "ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND=1" in node.conf ??

this is what I have in my /etc/nxserver(node.conf (at the end):

ENABLE_1_5_0_BACKEND="1"
ENABLE_ROOTLESS_MODE="1"

so it's enabled, right?

but VNC breaks.

I explained it in this post:

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2005-September/002171.html

No problem when connecting (to VNC server) with a simple vncviewer - but
a huge problem, when connecting through NX: it loads the desktop, I can
see it for a while (the nxclient's "connecting" Windows doesn't
disappear), but the VNC desktop freezes, and the connection breaks, as
indicated by nxclient:

Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 31 seconds.
Info: End of session requested by signal '15' 'SIGTERM'.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting keeper.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting watchdog.

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org