[FreeNX-kNX] problem with VNC sessions

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at mch.one.pl
Wed Sep 7 19:35:05 UTC 2005

I have freenx-0.4.4 and nx-1.5.0 installed on one desktop machine.

Generally I don't have problems connecting to it and running programs
(k3b in a rootless mode for example).

I have a big problem connecting to this machine's VNC server.

It is a KDE 3.4 desktop, with it's built in VNC server.

No problem when connecting with vncviewer - but a huge problem, when
connecting through NX: it loads the desktop, I can see it for a while
(the nxclient's "connecting" Windows doesn't disappear), but the VNC
desktop freezes, and the connection breaks, as indicated by nxclient:

Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 31 seconds.
Info: End of session requested by signal '15' 'SIGTERM'.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting keeper.
Warning: Parent process appears to be dead. Exiting watchdog.

I'm connecting using nxclient 1.5.0-106.

Anyone has an idea how to solve it?

--
Tomek
http://wpkg.org